Averil Jordan recalling what occurred last Friday night. Inset, a bullet hole pierced a chalkboard at the shop. (Pictures by Lennox Devonish.)
- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Dates set for Australia Women to tour West Indies Read More
- India tighten grip on Day 3 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Averil Jordan got the shock of her life last Friday night when two masked men attempted to rob her house.
Jordan, of Barkers Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael, said she was sitting in front of the shop attached to the side of her house around 10 p.m. talking with an old family friend, when she saw a man’s silhouette at the back of a vehicle parked near her residence that night and she started to feel uneasy.
“I was sitting down talking to my good friend Henderson ‘Froga’ Walton,” she told THE NATION yesterday.
“While talking to him I see someone behind a van parked near the house. I tell Froga it can’t be my grands 'cause I left them with their mother at the hospital. I see the person ducking and peeping all the time so Froga tell me he going to check to put me at peace. Then I hear he holler ‘the mask men, the robbers’.” (SB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.