- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Bajans hold their own Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
Kadooment day isn’t shaping up to be a “Mega Monday” as some bandleaders of the 23 registered bands are faced with dwindling numbers of revellers.
Last year 27 bands registered, but only 23 participated, 19 of which paraded before the judges.
With two weeks to go before the Republic Bank Grand Kadooment Day on August 5, some bands have sold out sections, while others are playing a wait-and-see-game.
Baje International’s Richard Haynes said that his 1 000 is a hundred fewer than last year.
“We came down this year based on lack of financial support. The bigger the band, the bigger the financial undertaking regardless. There is a fixed overhead per person.” (NS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.