Champions, the Sir Everton Weekes Centre of Excellence Under-17 celebrate after their hard-fought victory in the final. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Bajans hold their own Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
The Sir Everton Weekes Centre of Excellence Under-17 are the new champions of the Sir Garfield Sobers Schools’ International Cricket Tournament after a 16-run victory over Alleyne School at Kensington Oval yesterday.
A Man Of The Match performance from Giovonte Depeiza who scored an aggressive 71 containing six sixes and two fours as well as picking up three wickets for 17, contributed significantly to the victory.
Alleyne battled hard and had a sniff of glory when they were well poised on 93 for two. However, the crucial wicket of opening batsman Demetrius Richards, who smashed his way to 46, turned the tide for Alleyne after a 91-run partnership with topscorer Hans Campbell who scored 63, was broken.(NU)