Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta (GP)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
The president of Kenya will be making an official visit to Barbados next month.
Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, the African nation’s fourth president, will be visiting Barbados from August 7 to 9.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator Jerome Walcott said this was part of the continuing policy of reaching out to the African diaspora.
Kenyatta will meet with Government officials on August 8 and CARICOM heads from the eastern and southern Caribbean have been invited to Barbados to meet with him the following day.
Last month, President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, made an official visit to Barbados where he met with Prime Minister Mia Mottley and other members of Government, as well as Ghanaians living here. (SAT)