Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta (GP)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Bulls hold off Cavs to win Read More
- Mayers full of Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
The president of Kenya will be making an official visit to Barbados next month.
Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta, the African nation’s fourth president, will be visiting Barbados from August 7 to 9.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Senator Jerome Walcott said this was part of the continuing policy of reaching out to the African diaspora.
Kenyatta will meet with Government officials on August 8 and CARICOM heads from the eastern and southern Caribbean have been invited to Barbados to meet with him the following day.
Last month, President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, made an official visit to Barbados where he met with Prime Minister Mia Mottley and other members of Government, as well as Ghanaians living here. (SAT)