Leadpipe with the proof that he is the 2019 Starcom Network People’s Monarch. (Picture by Anmar Goodridge-Boyce)
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Shorter wait for liquor licences Read More
- Sir Andy raises doubt over Bascombe Read More
- Patrick Day dies following brutal knockout Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G. among nominees for Rock Hall of Fame Read More
The people have their king.
Leadpipe, along with Jus J, are the winners of the 2019 Starcom Network Flow People’s Monarch.
The announcement was made moments ago in the HOTT 95.3FM studio at the Starcom Network on River Road, The City.
The popular Sometime earned 73 per cent of the 7 000 votes compared to 27 per cent for Hypasounds’ Fair Sa.
“I could scream now?” an excited Leadpipe asked Big Red The DJ who made the announcement during his The Big Link Show.
“I win sain,” he said in Bajan dialect before thanking all of those who voted as well as his connections and the Pipeline team.
“I don’t win nutten,” Leadpipe added.
He placed third at Sunday’s MQI 98.1 The One Soca Monarch Competition at the National Botanical Gardens, a decision which did not go down well with many in the audience.
The win carried a top prize of $15 000. (SAT)