The start of Republic Bank Grand Kadooment at Warrens. (Picture by Nigel Browne)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Blackwood key in Windies win over England Read More
- Hamilton gets first win of the season Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Bands have hit the road for the 2019 Republic Bank Grand Kadooment.
This year, there are two starting points for the revellers, at Warrens and Codrington Road, near the Botanical Gardens, in St Michael.
There was a slight delay at Warrens where revellers arrived late, but they have left the Massy car park en route to Green Hill and Codrington. They will fall in line with those playing mas earlier along the route.
Unlike previous years, there is no parading before the judges in the National Stadium. Instead, revellers will go along Codrington to the traditional route to Bridgetown.
Several bands have already paraded before the judges including Baje, Renaissance and Gwyneth Squires.
Republic Bank, Blue Box Cart and the HIV/AIDS Commission, which do not judge, were also among the early bands departing.
Grand Kadooment is the last official event for Crop Over 2019. (SAT)