Chairman of Rock Hard Cement Mark Maloney. (FILE)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN of Rock Hard Cement, Mark Maloney, is expecting the landscape for the cement industry to change for the better after yesterday’s decision by the Caribbean Court of Justice.
“In recent months, Rock Hard Cement has absorbed the 60 per cent rate of duty they were forced to pay as a result of the injunction that Trinidad Cement Limited was awarded, but which has now been lifted. This marks another significant victory for Rock Hard Cement in its ongoing battle with Trinidad Cement Limited,” Maloney said.
“It is also a victory for all of those in the construction sector that have benefitted from an almost 40 per cent drop in the price of cement since Rock Hard Cement Limited started operations in November 2015. We have to be relentless in our pursuit to achieve whatever it is we believe in,” the Rock Hard boss said about the legal case. (BA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.