Minister John King (FILE)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
SOME MAJOR FEATURES of early Crop Over festivals may return if Minister of Culture John King has his way.
Sharing his thoughts in the aftermath of what he described as a “very satisfactory” Crop Over yesterday, King told the MIDWEEK NATION: “The biggest change that I am looking at and something I am going to be putting on the table for Cabinet and others to look at, is that Crop Over must not only be seen as another carnival.
“We definitely have to get back to those cultural events like the plantation fairs and the culinary aspect like the ‘Great Feast’, King said.
“I think we need now to re-brand and re-market Crop Over as probably the biggest summer arts festival any part of the world.” (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.