Minister John King (FILE)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
SOME MAJOR FEATURES of early Crop Over festivals may return if Minister of Culture John King has his way.
Sharing his thoughts in the aftermath of what he described as a “very satisfactory” Crop Over yesterday, King told the MIDWEEK NATION: “The biggest change that I am looking at and something I am going to be putting on the table for Cabinet and others to look at, is that Crop Over must not only be seen as another carnival.
“We definitely have to get back to those cultural events like the plantation fairs and the culinary aspect like the ‘Great Feast’, King said.
“I think we need now to re-brand and re-market Crop Over as probably the biggest summer arts festival any part of the world.” (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.