Sonia Gaskin (FP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Club World Cup a test for Qatar Read More
- Cricket returns to Trelawny Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jus Jay advances to final of Red Bull competition Read More
Barbados will have to wait a little longer for their first medal at the 2019 Pan American Games in Lima Peru.
Yesterday’s high hopes of a podium finish were dashed moments ago when Sade Sealy and Sonia Gaskin finished outside of the medals in the women’s 800m.
Sealy came fourth with a lifetime best and new national record time of 2:02.23 while Gaskin placed 8th with a time of 2:05.68.
The race was won by Jamaican Natoya Goule (2:01.26). Cuba’s Rose Mary Blanco took the silver (2:01.64) and Deborah Rodriguez of Uruguay secured the bronze. (AGB)