Roger Cave (FILE)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
ONE OF Barbados’ leading investment firms has seen a positive shift in local investor confidence.
Officials of Fortress Fund Managers, which oversees a more than $650 million portfolio across 11 different funds with regional and global investments, were also expectant that the availability of foreign currency accounts would further stimulate the financial sector.
At the same time, Fortress investment director Roger Cave and chief investment officer Peter Arender urged Barbadians to invest in pensions to secure their future.
They were speaking yesterday during a “lunch and learn” session with the media at the company’s headquarters in Carlisle House, Bridgetown.
“Certainly, the reduction in the corporation tax is going to be one that should be positive for earnings locally. There have, obviously, been increases in a number of indirect taxes and so that’s, I think hurting the consumers and individuals, so that’s a challenge,” Cave said.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.