Roger Cave (FILE)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
ONE OF Barbados’ leading investment firms has seen a positive shift in local investor confidence.
Officials of Fortress Fund Managers, which oversees a more than $650 million portfolio across 11 different funds with regional and global investments, were also expectant that the availability of foreign currency accounts would further stimulate the financial sector.
At the same time, Fortress investment director Roger Cave and chief investment officer Peter Arender urged Barbadians to invest in pensions to secure their future.
They were speaking yesterday during a “lunch and learn” session with the media at the company’s headquarters in Carlisle House, Bridgetown.
“Certainly, the reduction in the corporation tax is going to be one that should be positive for earnings locally. There have, obviously, been increases in a number of indirect taxes and so that’s, I think hurting the consumers and individuals, so that’s a challenge,” Cave said.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.