Ronald “Suki” King is seeking funding to get to the American National Checkers Tournament. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Tridents get a new coach for CPL campaign Read More
- Nadal skipping US Open Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Barbados’ best draughts player, Ronald “Suki” King, will be honoured at the forthcoming American National Checkers Tournament in Las Vegas. But he needs help to get here.
King, a former long-standing world champion, is seeking sponsorship for himself and Bajans Jack Francis, Wilma Branch, and Michael Cheeseman to attend the event, which starts on August 19 in Las Vegas.
The tournament will be held in honour of King – only the second time since 1907 when a person residing outside of America is being honoured. (NU)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.