Peter Ram among the people during his performance of All Ah We at Golden Soca. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- New Barcelona coach wants to bring back excitement Read More
- Education key in curbing doping Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Weinstein wants case heard outside of Manhattan Read More
The “big people party” concept seems to be gaining momentum based on the just concluded Crop Over.
At least three events catering to the older demographics reaped huge success with fetes, the latest being the “BARP” soca party.
Peter Boyce, who organises Golden Soca, commonly referred to as the “BARP fete” and attracts mainly older people, said each year the numbers are climbing.
Last year 1 000 people attended the event at the Sea Rocks Dome, Maxwell, Christ Church. This year it went to 1 400. (GBM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.