National Union of Public Workers deputy general secretary Wayne Walrond
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Not on my watch! Read More
- Pollard: Emphasis on performance Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
THE SPORADIC WAY some nurses are being paid is to be investigated by the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW).
Against a background of complaints coming out from one of the polyclinics, NUPW deputy general secretary Wayne Walrond said the irregular payment of public servants have been happening for too long.
A nurse said she has not been paid for five months and was practically in tears as she worried about how she would get her mounting bills taken care of while supporting a child. She was among some other workers who have been lamenting that they were yet to be paid after months of working. (AC)