Attorney Hilary Nelson. (Picture by Heather-Lynn Evanson)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- England drop Sterling Read More
- Blackbirds, Wales reach semis Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
Attorney Hilary Jeffrey Nelson appeared in court this morning charged with stealing over $800 000 from an overseas client.
The 74-year-old attorney from Bagatelle Gardens, St Thomas, was not required to plead to stealing £347 660.96, equivalent to BDS $855 000, from British national Errol Hewitt between November 12, 2018 and May 4, 2019.
The money was allegedly for the purchase of property.
He was released on $400 000 bail with two sureties despite objections from the prosecution.
The accused attorney was ordered to report to Black Rock station every Friday and surrender his travel documents.
He is scheduled to return to court on February 18, next year. (HLE)