Attorney Hilary Nelson. (Picture by Heather-Lynn Evanson)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Bulls hold off Cavs to win Read More
- Mayers full of Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Attorney Hilary Jeffrey Nelson appeared in court this morning charged with stealing over $800 000 from an overseas client.
The 74-year-old attorney from Bagatelle Gardens, St Thomas, was not required to plead to stealing £347 660.96, equivalent to BDS $855 000, from British national Errol Hewitt between November 12, 2018 and May 4, 2019.
The money was allegedly for the purchase of property.
He was released on $400 000 bail with two sureties despite objections from the prosecution.
The accused attorney was ordered to report to Black Rock station every Friday and surrender his travel documents.
He is scheduled to return to court on February 18, next year. (HLE)