Japanese Ambassador Teruhiko Shinada (second right) and his wife Dragana Mitrovic-Shinada (right) with dinner guests vice mayor of Nanyo City Toyohiro Onuma (left) and president of the Barbados Olympic Association, Sandra Osborne. (GP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Bajans hold their own Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
Japanese Ambassador Teruhiko Shinada and his wife Dragana Mitrovic-Shinada shared Bajan-style hospitality with 16 citizens from Japan’s Nanyo City when they paid a familiarisation visit to Barbados.
The delegation headed by Nanyo’s Vice Mayor Toyohiro Onuma had earlier met with Barbados’ Olympic Association officials in preparation for Nanyo’s hosting of Barbados’ athletes participating in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Speaking through an interpreter, the Japanese guests expressed excitement about their visit and their exposure to things Bajan. Among those attending the Japanese Ambassador’s reception and dinner at his Sandy Lane residence, were president of the Barbados Olympic Association, Sandra Osbourne and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Sports Jehu Wiltshire, standing in for the Sports Minister, John King. (GC)