- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
At 3 p.m. today the Barbados Meteorological Services issued a flash flood watch for Barbados.
The watch will remain in effect until 6 a.m. tomorrow, and may be upgraded to a flash flood warning if conditions warrant.
A flash flood watch means that flooding due to heavy or excessive rainfall in a short period of time (generally less than six hours) is likely within the watch area.
A strong tropical wave in combination with the ITCZ is currently affecting Barbados, and has been generating pockets of moderate to heavy showers and periods of rain across the island and the southern Windward Islands.
This activity is expected to continue over Barbados for at least another six to 12 hours, with possible further rainfall accumulations of one to three inches.
Residents in flood-prone areas are reminded be on the alert and take the necessary precautions. (PR)