DECORATED: Kennie King (left) and Dominick Scantlebury displaying their silverware. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
DOMINICK SCANTLEBURY and Kennie King rose from a game down to give Barbados Under-19s their lone gold when badminton’s CAREBACO youth tournament climaxed on Sunday at the Gymnasium of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex.
Scantlebury, who appeared in two other finals, seemed to be missing out in the men’s double after a lukewarm start by partner King handed Trinidad and Tobago’s Leon Cassie and Vance Juteram the advantage.
However, King awoke from his stupor to help his partner to pound their opponents 18-21, 21-11, 21-8.
Scantlebury, a national junior volleyballer, and six-footer King showed their leaping ability to unleash their attacking strength, which stunned even the normally animated Cassie. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.