Darian King. (FILE)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Darian King advanced to the second round of qualifying at this year’s US Open. Barbados’ best tennis player easily defeated Tunisian Malek Jaziri in straight sets, 6-2,6-4 earlier today at the USTA Billie Jean King Tennis Centre in Flushing Meadows, New York City.
The 27-year-old baseliner had a great start leading 3-1 in the first set before winning 6-2. The Bajan King of Swing then finished his opponent off in an hour and 20 minutes, securing the match point on his serve in the second set.
King will now face Spaniard Adrian Menendez-Maceiras on Thursday. (AGB)