Tamisha Williams (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Barbados suffered a serious body blow at the 2019 Carebaco International yesterday with number one female badminton player Tamisha Williams being stunned in straight games 10-21, 11-21 by Wales’ Jordan Hart at the Wildey Gymnasium.
Williams looked out of sorts in the quarter-finals match trailing in each game against Hart who displayed great attacking and defending prowess. Her defence was barely tested as Williams could not find the range which has made her the number one player in Barbados for the past five years.
After losing the first game, Williams trailed 1-5 in the second and then gave some hope to her cheering fans to lock at five. Hart increased the tempo to move to 8-5 and then 10-5. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.