Snorkellers (foreground) in the water as jet ski operators pass by. Some think jet ski operators tend to recklessly drive across the water. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Some jet ski operators are less than thrilled about Minister of Maritime Affairs Kirk Humphrey’s intention to bring down the hammer.
Many think they are being treated unfairly, while others were allowed to “get away with murder”, pointing to the ZRs drivers’ many infractions.
“Jet ski incidents only happen once in a lifetime,” said one West Coast operator, who requested anonymity.
From Batts Rock, Paynes Bay, Holetown, Weston and Carlton in St James, jet ski operators were against Government’s proposed crackdown. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.