- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
A PRISON OFFICER with 14 years in the service appeared in court today accused of smuggling contraband items into the prison.
Cathy-Ann Elizabeth Blunte, 46, of Skeetes Road, Jackmans, St Michael, was in the District “D” Magistrates’ Court at the Cane Garden complex, St Thomas, where she pleaded not guilty to the charge that without lawful authority, she brought five bottles of tattoo ink – prohibited items into HMP Dodds on August 22, this year.
Acting Chief Magistrate Ian Weekes released her on $2 500 bail and transferred the matter to the District “C” St Matthias Court for September 17. (HLE)