Director of the Department of Emergency Management (DEM), Kerry Hinds
- Stocks hit by coronavirus fears Read More
- Facial recognition company in Canadian probe Read More
- Hope: Windies focused on levelling series Read More
- Ex-players eye BFA posts Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rihanna ‘Tell your friends to pull up’ Read More
Barbadians have been asked to ready themselves for the passage of Tropical Storm Dorian.
Speaking after a tropical storm watch was issued for Barbados which means that tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, generally within 48 hours, Director of the Department of Emergency Management (DEM), Kerry Hinds, reminded residents to listen to advisories issued through the Met Office, DEM and the Barbados Government Information Service.
Hinds is urging the public to ensure that they have their emergency kits, batteries, water, canned goods, and other emergency supplies on hand. Persons should also have emergency plans and important documents close by.
The Director further stressed that persons should also ensure the safety of their elderly relatives and be aware of the emergency shelters closest to them. “Don’t wait until it is too late to take precautions. Please remember, it only takes one system to cause disruption,” Ms. Hinds stressed. (BGIS)