Chairman of Grantley Adams International Airport, Vic Fernandes (third from left), greeting businessman Mark Maloney as the former exits the meeting. (Picture by Carlos Atwell)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Government headquarters is buzzing with activity as public and private stakeholders meet with Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley in light of the imminent arrival of Tropical Storm Dorian.
Prominent businesspeople such as Ralph Williams, Mark Maloney and Anderson Cherry were all invited as well as members of the islands utility companies, transport, hospital, sanitation, education, ports of entry and more.
Members representing various governmental agencies are coming and going as they leave to complete their preparations. Currently, the private sector invitees are awaiting their meeting. (CA)
Minister of Creative Economy, Culture and Sports John King (left), Fire Chief Errol Maynard and Deputy Fire Chief Henderson Patrick. (Picture by Jameel Springer.)