Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw (FILE)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
The Frederick Smith Secondary School will not be opening on Wednesday as previously indicated.
The Trents, St James school will instead open on Monday, September 16.
Santia Bradshaw, Minister of Education, Technological and Vocational Training, made this announcement today, after touring a number of schools, including Frederick Smith, to examine their state of readiness. She said the ministry took the decision to stagger the opening of some schools at the start of the new school term because major works being done at those sites were not completed on time.
The minister said she was “sensitive” to the issue of teachers and children operating in environments which were not necessarily conducive to their health. The Education Minister noted that they were trying to get the works completed, so as to avoid any disruptions after teachers and children settled into the new term.
The schools which will reopen on Wednesday are Alexandra, Grantley Adams Memorial Secondary and Princess Margaret Secondary. (BGIS)