JOHN KING: National Stadium still in limbo. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Complete renovation of the National Stadium is still some time away, says Minister of Sport John King.
“The Stadium is, I would say, two more steps away from really getting started. It’s going to be done but there is a process. When I came in [to the ministry] I was told there was only one thing which had to be done and then it would get started but then we had to start the process all over again,” he told the media yesterday at the Radisson Aquatica, Aquatic Gap, St Michael.
King said he would meet a Chinese delegation tomorrow regarding the work after which he would be in a better position to give any deadlines. He called for patience and reminded Barbadians there was not enough money to get everything which needed to get done completed in the time they would like.
“The reality is the country is in a recession and there is no magic wand we can wave to get out of it, so we have to creep and once everyone understands this, we will get there with a lot less frustration,” he said. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.