The .45-caliber gun, along with 20 loose bullets, were picked up by a metal detector staffed by Transportation Security Administration officers, officials said. (Obtained by New York Daily News)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Rugby Australia settles with Folau Read More
- Anderson fit again and back in England squad Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jus Jay advances to final of Red Bull competition Read More
NEW YORK – A 40-year-old Barbadian national travelling through JFK Airport allegedly tried to conceal an illegal handgun in a rubber cocoon covered with tar, authorities said Tuesday.
The .45-calibre gun, along with 20 bullets, was picked up by a metal detector staffed by Transportation Security Administration officers, officials said.
Port Authority police arrested the man, Rhyan Hackett, who was travelling from Barbados.
The gun, a police source said, had to be cut out of the cocoon by emergency service cops. (nydailynews)