Patriots’ new seamer Akeem Jordan rocked Zouks with four scalps on his CPL debut. (Picture courtesy CPL.)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
BASSETERRE – Debutant Barbadian fast bowler Akeem Jordan made an instant impact, while opener Evin Lewis struck a second half-century as St Kitts and Nevis Patriots recovered from losing two games on the trot to beat St Lucia Zouks by six wickets here Sunday night.
In pursuit of 139 at Warner Park, Patriots swept to the second win of their Caribbean Premier League campaign with 31 balls remaining in the contest under lights.
The left-handed Lewis top-scored with 65 off 30 balls while Mohammed Hafeez chipped in with 26, the pair combining in a 62-run, third-wicket stand which put the hosts in sight of victory.
Zouks, sent in earlier, produced a lacklustre batting effort to finish on 138 for nine off their 20 overs, with New Zealander Colin de Grandhomme getting 30 and South African Hardus Viljoen scoring 28. (CMC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.