Carlos Brathwaite smashing a six in the Super Over, led the Patriots to victory with bat and ball in the Super Over. (Photo courtesy CPL)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Sarfaraz Ahmed sacked as Pakistan captain in Test and T20 cricket Read More
- Dessie willing to serve Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G. among nominees for Rock Hall of Fame Read More
BASSETERRE – Captain Carlos Brathwaite emerged from a slump to slam a half-century, before dominating the decisive “super-over” with bat and ball, to power St Kitts and Nevis Patriots to a dramatic victory over two-time reigning champions Trinbago Knight Riders here Tuesday night.
Faced with a daunting target of 217 under lights at Warner Park, Patriots produced an exhilarating run chase led by Brathwaite’s 64 off 30 balls – his maiden Caribbean Premier League 50 – to set up the ultimate nerve-jangling finish.
Needing five runs for victory off the final delivery of the regulation overs, all-rounder Rayad Emit (21 not out) edged a low Jimmy Neesham full toss to the third man boundary to leave the scores level.
Barbadian Brathwaite then took responsibility for facing the “super-over” from fast bowler Ali Khan, blasting a couple of sixes and a four, to leave TKR with 19 to win. (CMC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.