Cameron Bellamy (GP)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Veteran distance swimmer Chris Gibbs has hailed South African ultra-endurance swimmer Cameron Bellamy on his completion of the longest channel swim, from Barbados to St Lucia.
“It was an amazing swim. It is one I never thought was possible and I think he hasn’t been given the credit he deserves,” Gibbs told THE NATION yesterday.
“I can’t imagine somebody swimming from Barbados to St Lucia and he did it. That was extremely admirable and I think he was fantastic. There are very few people that can do it. I can’t think of any other than him.”
Bellamy, who swam around Barbados in 2018, did the swim to raise funds for the Ubunye Challenge Charity, which assists in providing education for poor children in South Africa, Zimbabwe and the Caribbean. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.