- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Sarfaraz Ahmed sacked as Pakistan captain in Test and T20 cricket Read More
- Dessie willing to serve Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G. among nominees for Rock Hall of Fame Read More
Police are currently investigating an accident involving a five-year-old student of the A. Dacosta Edwards Primary School.
Around 3:29 p.m. yesterday the student and her mother were travelling along Belleplaine Road, adjacent to Belmont Road, St Andrew. A police vehicle was also travelling along the same road in the opposite direction.
At some point, they both became involved in a collision which resulted in the child suffering a fractured right leg, a collapsed lung, head injuries as well as bleeding from the nose and ears.
The vehicle received damage to its right side bonnet, fender and bumper.
Both the mother and the injured girl were transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by a police emergency vehicle. Medical personnel have diagnosed the child as being in critical but stable condition. (PR)