Randolph Payne, who worked at Massy for 41 years, suddenly collapsed and died on Wednesday. (GP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Zidane may not rest Casemiro Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
Staff at Massy stores are mourning the sudden passing of a treasured colleague who collapsed on the job Wednesday afternoon.
Randolph Payne, 60, who had 41 years’ service with the company, having started his career with the former Super Centre Ltd, was customer service supervisor with responsibility for online and overseas ordering. He worked at the Sunset Crest, St James branch.
An employee at the branch described Payne, who was from Rock Hall, St Lucy, as a jovial person who mentored younger staff. She said he was always willing to give them good advice.
The worker said staff were shocked when Payne suddenly collapsed in the store while chatting with a group of colleagues. Many broke down in tears when they learnt a few hours later that he had died.
When contacted, Massy’s public relations manager, Jennifer Branch, told the Weekend Nation: “The management and staff of Massy Stores are deeply saddened by the untimely passing of one of their long-standing employees and colleague, Mr Randolph Payne.(MB)Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.