- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- BOA: Funding is key Read More
- CSOS, All Stars rule Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
A high surf advisory and a small craft warning are currently in effect for Barbados.
The Barbados Meteorological Services issued this advisory today, as the approach of a strong tropical wave is resulting in deteriorating sea conditions.
The high surf advisory and a small craft warning will remain in effect until 6 a.m. on Monday.
The wave and the accompanying area of low pressure are now about 475 miles (760 km) east-southeast of Barbados.
Forecast models of the system suggest some potential for further development as it approaches Barbados and the southern Windwards later today into early Sunday.
It should bring surface winds of 25 to 30 kt (45 to 55km/h) with higher gusts, and pockets of moderate to heavy showers with rainfall accumulations of 75 to 100mm (3 to 4 inches) possible during the passage of this system. (PR)