Deputy commissioner of police Oral Williams. (FILE)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
The Royal Barbados Police Force is satisfied that something wrong occurred at the Transport Board in recent years. They just don’t know as yet the extent of it and who is to blame.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Oral Williams confirmed that the Royal Barbados Police Force is continuing investigations into the Transport Board following a complaint made to them arising from information gleamed from the Special Audit of the Board by Auditor General Leigh Trotman, which was laid in the House of Assembly in June.
“Yes, the matter is being investigated. It has not reached the point where we have finished, but there appears to be impropriety,” Williams said.
“There is nothing definitive about who is responsible for any impropriety at the Board at this stage.”
The deputy commissioner said the police would continue to take statements in the matter to get to the bottom of what occurred at the Board. (SP)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.