The jetty which Sandals built as part of the initial work at Heywoods, St Peter. (FP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Bajans hold their own Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
AS UNCERTAINTY AROUND its Beaches project in Barbados continues, reports that Sandals Resorts International (SRI) is up for sale have resurfaced.
But SRI, while characterising the news as old, has left the door open for “exploring opportunities to grow”.
Two years ago Reuters reported that the regional all-inclusive hotel chain founded by Jamaican Gordon “Butch” Stewart, was “exploring strategic alternatives, including a potential sale of the company”. It quoted “people familiar with the matter”.
In recent days it was Bloomberg News that referenced unnamed individuals as saying SRI “has restarted an effort to sell itself”.
Responding to a MIDWEEK NATION query on the matter yesterday, the group, which owns and operates two hotels in Christ Church, neither confirmed nor denied it was seeking a buyer. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.