Members of Kevin Atherley’s family wait behind the crime scene tape near where his body was discovered today. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Windies cement lead on Day 3 Read More
- New WTA events and ranking system Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
The body of 25-year-old Kevin Atherley of Padmore Village, St Philip, was discovered in a cart road not far from his home earlier today.
His mother Andrea Maynard told Nation News he left home at 6 a.m. as usual on his bicycle to go to work. It is about ten minutes from where Atherley lives and the family said it was the road he usually took.
Members of the family converged at the scene after hearing the news. They were very emotional and said Atherley was a quiet person who only worked, slept and worked.
The body was identified by one of his brothers and Nation News understands it had several chop wounds to the head.
Police public relations spokesman, acting inspector Rodney Inniss, said officers at District C Police station received an anonymous phone call around around 11:10 a.m. indicating that a body was in a cart road at Harrow.
Anyone with information which can assist the investigation is advised to call District C at 4168201, police emergency 211 or any police station. (MB)