Desmond Haynes is getting the support of Barbados Cricket Association president Conde Riley. (Picture courtesy CWI Media)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) president Conde Riley thinks that batting legend Desmond Haynes would be a good choice as the next head coach of the West Indies team.
“I think he understands batsmanship and that is an area that we have been failing in. Based on experience, he would be a good choice. I think Desmond has a lot to offer.
“All three of the candidates for the job are suitable. I wish them well, but Haynes would be my pick,” Riley said.
Haynes, former head coach Phil Simmons and current interim coach Floyd Reifer are in the three-man shortlist. (MK)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.