Steven Gardiner won the men's 400m at the IAAF World Championships 2019(Internet Image)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Steven Gardiner motored to a new national record time of 43.48 seconds to capture gold for The Bahamas in the men’s 400m final at the IAAF World Championships in Doha,Qatar.
Columbia’s Anthony Jose Zambrano was also impressive securing the silver medal running in lane eight with a time of 44.15 seconds.
American Fred Kerley grabbed the bronze in 44.17 seconds.
Jamaica’s Demish Gaye missed out on a podium finish despite a personal best time of 44.46 seconds , settling for the fourth position while former Olympic champion Kirani James of Grenada was fifth with 44.54 seconds. (AGB)