Oneal Alistaire Chase (FILE)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Bats must stand up, says Brooks Read More
- Burke ‘better’ because of COVID Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Almost one month after being shot in the back of the head, a Christ Church man is reported to have succumbed to his injuries.
Oneal Alistaire Chase was shot on August 8, not far from his home at Block 2D Maxwell View, Silver Hill.
Nation Online understands he was staying with his mother Alicia Chase and passed away there early this morning.
Police say Oneal, alias Rabbit, was walking along Silver Hill road when he was approached by a man who shot him in the face. The two got into a heated argument, the man pulled a firearm from his waist and shot Oneal. He was hospitalised in serious condition for some time.
In a subsequent call to The Nation, Alicia said her son was not in an altercation, rather he was on the way to collect his two-year-old boy from the nursery when a man crept up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. When he turned around to see who it was, he was also shot in the jaw.
She said her son was able to identify the assailant at the time, but no one was arrested and charged in connection with the incident. (SAT)