- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Barbados’ hopes of reaching the Olympic Games are just about over after a 7-0 defeat to Jamaica last night in the CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Caribbean Qualifying Tournament at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica.
Cheyna Matthews and Trudi Carter both scored a brace, while Chinyelu Asher and Khadija Shaw added one apiece.
Barbadian defender Tia Brigg-Thompson also conceded an own goal in the sixth minute of play.
Only the winner of the tournament will advance to the final.
Jamaica sit at the top of the standings, followed by Cuba, Barbados and St Lucia. (SAT)