- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Double delight for Bajan volleyballers Read More
- Bajans hold their own Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jamaican crowned Miss World Read More
Volleyball fans who were anticipating the climax of the Goddard Enterprises senior knockout finals will have to wait another week as they have been postponed due to the unavailability of the Wildey Gymnasium.
The University of the West Indies Blackbirds were looking for their first knockout title in a battle against multiple champions Chargers while Omega XL Deacons were hoping to successfully defend the crown against Cawmere.
Tournament coordinator Roxanne Forte, who is also second vice-president of the Barbados Volleyball Association, said she was informed that a double booking of the venue was made in error.
“Apparently, some mix-up occurred during the transferral process of the National Sports Council equipment and staff to the Gym,” she said. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.