- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
Volleyball fans who were anticipating the climax of the Goddard Enterprises senior knockout finals will have to wait another week as they have been postponed due to the unavailability of the Wildey Gymnasium.
The University of the West Indies Blackbirds were looking for their first knockout title in a battle against multiple champions Chargers while Omega XL Deacons were hoping to successfully defend the crown against Cawmere.
Tournament coordinator Roxanne Forte, who is also second vice-president of the Barbados Volleyball Association, said she was informed that a double booking of the venue was made in error.
“Apparently, some mix-up occurred during the transferral process of the National Sports Council equipment and staff to the Gym,” she said. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.