QUEENS: Champions Pinelands celebrating their capture of the title. (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
A TREMENDOUS three-pointer by captain Tamisha Flatts ensured Preferred Brokers Insurance Pinelands are basketball queens again.
The experienced Pinelands upstaged precocious Combined Schools Lady Tridents 57-48 in Game 3 of the No. 1 Beauty Supply & Exchange Women’s League finals at the Barbados Community College (BCC) on Saturday night.
With last year’s winners, Lady Cougars withdrawing from the league, Pinelands, who were double crown champions in 2016 and 2017, added yet another title to their trophy cabinet.
Flatts was fantastic, with a team-high 13 points in a solid all-round game. She also had ten rebounds, made six steals and dished off four assists.
But her magical moment came when she nailed her only trey with just 54.5 seconds left to score the last points of the game.
“I am very happy with the victory. It feels really great to hit the big one at that stage because my shooting night was awful. Before that, I was one from six from threes, so I just said: ‘I got to shoot it, a shooter shoots’,” she said.