Last year’s queens Charmaine Durant (making a play) and Susan Jean-Baptiste (left) were upset by Katrina Howell (right) and her partner, Juliet Griffith (in blue shirt). (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
There was a major upset when the National Dominoes Association’s Men’s and Women’s Pairs Tournament slammed off on Sunday at the Wildey Gymnasium.
Defending women’s champions Susan Jean-Baptiste and Charmaine Durant were ousted by the unheralded pair of Katrina Howell and Juliet Griffith 0-6, 5-6.
With 22 pairs contesting the women’s championship, Howell and Griffith have advanced to the quarter-finals where they will be joined by Lucien St John and Hazel Holligan, Lana Durant and Lavern Durant, Olivia Broomes and Beverly Howell-Mayers as well as Sharon Lynch and Pat Jones.
The other pairs advancing are Alicia Harewood and Maria Sukhdeo, Halana Clarke and Cherise Austin and the experienced slammers Sherry-ann Dawson and Suzette Hinds. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.