Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds. (FILE)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Little support for Drogba Read More
- Simmons’ challenge to top bats Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Major changes, including a rebranding, hotel sales, and management shake-up, are likely as part of a BDS$260.2 million deal that will see global hospitality giant Marriott International acquire Barbados-based Elegant Hotels Group.
But officials of Marriott International Hotel Licensing Company revealed that if Elegant’s shareholders said yes to the sale, the company’s more than 1 100 employees in Barbados would be secure as IHLC “does not intend to make any material headcount reductions within the Elegant Group as a result of the acquisition”.
The potential benefits from the acquisition were welcomed by Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds yesterday, who told the Saturday Sun “their interest in making this kind of investment in Barbados is a very clear testimony to the fact that Barbados is again being seen as a destination which is working well, and is worthy of major investments”. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.