Two hundred travel agents from across the United States attended this year’s BTMI Spirit Of Barbados Mega Fam at the Hilton Barbados Resort yesterday. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Paul replaces injured Allen in Windies squad Read More
- Messi leads Argentina over Brazil Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- De Niro to get Lifetime Award from SAG Read More
Just how much the annual Crop Over Festival benefits the Barbados economy will soon be known.
Chief executive officer of the National Cultural Foundation (NCF), Carol Roberts-Reifer, said her organisation was commissioning a new study to find this out.
During a panel discussion yesterday on Crop Over at the annual Spirit Of Barbados Mega Fam exposition at the Hilton Barbados Resort, Needham’s Point, St Michael, Roberts-Reifer did not go into many details but revealed that Government injected from BDS$5 million to $6 million into the festival annually, while the last numbers she received showed that between US$80 million and $100 million is realised over the six weeks it is held. (SDB Media)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.