Maxine Williams was conferred with an honourary doctor of laws. (Picture by Sandy Pitt)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Real Madrid preparing to launch women’s team Read More
- Africa Cup of Nations postponed to 2022 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Hundreds crossed the stage at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, on Saturday morning.
During the first graduation ceremony, scholars from the Faculties of Humanities and Education, Science, Medicine and Technology and Law all accepted their scrolls with pride.
Director of Diversity at Facebook, Maxine Williams of Trinidad and Tobago, was conferred with an honourary doctor of laws.
Among those crossing the stage were Ayesha Comissiong and Nandi Yard of Riddim Tribe and Ken Mason Jr, a former member of the Guild of Students.
Andiesa Weste, who earned First Class Honours in Law, was valedictorian of the morning graduation.
The second ceremony is slated for this evening. (TG)