Alex McDonald (FILE)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Tsitsipas says Grand Slam goal was “too big” Read More
- Hector helps Breakers win T10 title Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
Barbados’ energy sector is set for major transformation with the introduction of wind energy generation facilitated by the Barbados National Oil Company Limited (BNOCL), in conjunction with the National Petroleum Corporation (NPC).
The initiative is expected to reduce energy costs to average Barbadians.
The wind generation project funded by the Inter-American Development Bank has commenced with a detailed wind study of key sites through a partnership with Barlovento Recursos Naturales from Spain.
It will also involve community outreach and town hall sessions to engage with key stakeholders regarding the initiative’s potential benefits and impacts. (SP/PR)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.