Rashad Jules scored a hattrick on Saturday night against Silver Sands. (FILE)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Windies win first T20 against Afghanistan Read More
- Windies appoint new analyst Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- De Niro to get Lifetime Award from SAG Read More
Rashad Jules’ hat-trick was the standout performance on Saturday night as his Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) side easily brushed aside Abrahams United Silver Sands 7-0 in their Group 3 football game at the start of the Capelli Cup Championship stage at the Wildey Turf.
Nicholas Best also contributed a brace to the BDFSP cause to send a resounding message to the other teams about their serious intentions.
In the opening game, Crane & Equipment Ellerton secured a hard-fought 2-0 win over Pride of Gall Hill, courtesy of well-timed goals by Damien Walcott and Shaquan Clarke.
For the first 20 minutes, Silver Sands dealt admirably with the challenge posed by the Defence Force.
An error in the defensive ranks in the 24th minute allowed Best to sneak in the box and head home from close range following the mix-up. (NM)