All Stars’ Damien Downes (right) challenging UWI’s forward Akeem Rudder. (Picture courtesy Barbados Hockey Federation.)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Little support for Drogba Read More
- Simmons’ challenge to top bats Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Combermere School Old Scholars (CSOS) are the undisputed Barbados Hockey Federation’s double crown queens while All Stars are the knockout kings.
CSOS blanked UWI Blackbirds 5-0 in the Women’s Knockout Cup final at the Wildey Hockey Turf on Saturday to add to the league crown they won earlier in the season.
The unbeaten CSOS displayed their dominant league form against the Blackbirds by opening the scoring from as early in the second minute, when national forward Keisha Boyce bested Blackbirds’ custodian Neviandra Greenidge during a penalty corner.
The Old Scholars maintained the tempo for the rest of the half while seeing off the occasional Blackbirds’ attack, mostly led by midfielder and captain Ayanna Wilson. (EZS/PR)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.