BOA executive member Cameron Burke
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- India Women take 2-0 T20 lead Read More
- Persaud hurts Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
BARBADOS Olympic Association (BOA) executive member Cameron Burke has bemoaned the poor quality of facilities provided for weightlifters and boxers to train.
Speaking at a press briefing on Tuesday, Burke, the assistant secretary general of the BOA, said it was a crying shame to see where boxers and weightlifters have to work out.
“Where boxers train, if you put your hand in the air, it will hit the top of the roof. Weightlifters train in a little hole under the stadium but yet they perform because of the discipline they have. It is really heart-breaking to see where they train. Most of our athletes have to go overseas if they really want to perform because there is nothing here,” Burke said. (MK)