This screenshot shows Senator Caswell Franklyn. (FILE)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- India Women take 2-0 T20 lead Read More
- Persaud hurts Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
Opposition Senator Caswell Franklyn has described as “shameful” Government’s choice of the current chairman of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) board, for the new position of executive chairman.
During yesterday’s debate on the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Senate, he said it was “shameful that the Government continued to find jobs for its friends, family and party hacks”, adding its method of allocating jobs was “not for the benefit of the organisation they were staffing but to give jobs to their friends”.
Last week, Minister of Health Jeffrey Bostic announced in the House of Assembly that QEH chairman Juliette Bynoe-Sutherland would become the executive chairman, an appointment made by the minister with the approval of Cabinet.
The amendments provide for the executive chairman to be an employee of the hospital, subject to the directions of the board and to be responsible for the execution of its policy and management of its affairs. (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.